Embrace your bloopers

09:13:00


Hi guys! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Yes yes i know it's been forever, i guess it's been a mixture of school work and writers block. But we are back now.

I listen to quite a lot of music, and I always pay attention to the lyrics. There's this one song called Caroline by Aminé, I am not a big fan of the song however, there's this one line in the song that gets me. "Great scenes might be great, but I love your bloopers", which is what inspired the title of this post.

Movies cannot be made without bloopers, right? but the bloopers are cut out and the best acting is what is shown in the movie. Just like movies, we have bloopers ourselves. Those things that we feel embarrassed and not proud to share with others. We often put up our best appearances for people, with the hope of being accepted by them.  There's a lot of pressure in the world to look, act, think a certain way and I can speak for myself, when I say that I have lived most of my life putting up appearances that hide who I really am in order to fit into that mould the world has created for me.

Most times we are afraid to make mistakes, or mess up because we have to look like we got it all together and we are perfect. 

Have you ever noticed that they show bloopers at the end of the movie, or its an option on the dvd to watch the bloopers? I personally love bloopers, they're the funniest parts of the movie process to me. Now some people see bloopers as the errors made in the movie but to others, thats the best part of a movie. 

So you see, there are many people who don't need you to put up appearances, they love you just the way you are, even with your bloopers. Who knows? that may be what they love most about you. So I advice you, find the people you can real with, those are the most genuine and healthiest friendships to be in.

So make it a plan this year to embrace your bloopers and cut the acting.

Thanks for reading x
Fayo.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. hey,this is a really beautiful post. i could actually relate with it. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is really good. Tell Tosin and that her big head to write nah.

    ReplyDelete