9 Things I Wish I Knew Sooner

04:26:00

Hi Anomalies!
Happy New Month! I hope this month brings you so much love and joy. I hope you achieve all your goals successfully. May this month bring you new hopes and inspiration as well. Since September is the 9th month of the year I wanted to do a post with the number 9 in it. So here you have it! These are 9 things I wish I had known earlier on:

  1. Try your best to listen well and when you’re listening LISTEN.
  2. There are friendships known as convenient friendships. For example, being friends with certain people because you see them everyday. This is not a genuine form of friendship. (You should check out our post on friendship if you haven't read it.)

    True Friendship is not easy to find but worth it when found
  3. Don’t worry about what other people think – I used to worry about what others thought of me a lot. I’ve come to realize that if you spend your time seeking approval from others then you won’t have time to do what you want to do and to achieve your goals.
  4. It’s okay to be different – It’s okay to be an anomaly
  5. Don’t burn your bridges – We all don’t know the future and so we don’t know when a former classmate, acquaintance, club member may come in handy. Try to part ways on good terms as much as possible. Be respectful and kind to all.
  6. Getting even doesn’t help you get ahead – Sometimes forgiveness is not just for the other person but for you as well.
  7. Learn how and when to say NO – Try your best to avoid becoming a yes man/woman and becoming a people pleaser. Don’t be afraid to say no to certain things and don’t let anyone convince you that you’re selfish for saying no.
  8. Confidence is an important quality one should have and don’t fret if you don’t have it because it be learned through deliberate practice.
  9. Try new things when you have the opportunity to. Try not to be too comfortable with your current situation. Strive for more and strive to be a better version of yourself everyday.

I pray September is good to you. Till next time - Tomisin x

You Might Also Like

1 comments