Inspired!| The Greatest of All Time

01:49:00

I hope the title sounds familiar, it should anyway. It’s been a couple of months since Muhammad Ali who often referred to himself as “The Greatest” passed away. May his soul continue to rest in peace. I know it’s a little late to talk on him or maybe not but I was recently reminded of him and that’s why I decided to write this.



I was reading a magazine earlier this week and it said something that really spoke to me, I just thought I should share it with my amazing anomalies. It said:

“For better and worse, Ali allowed only himself set his bounds or to undo them. Former heavyweight champion George Foreman, who once famously tried to shatter those bounds, later came to recognize what impelled Ali. “He found something to fight for,” said Foreman, “other than money and championship belts. And when that person finds something like that, you can hardly beat them”

Apart from God, you’re the only one that can set boundaries for yourself. The society can try but if you’re truly determined then you can do whatever you set out to do. Your mindset is very important anyway. In this life, don’t do things for the money or fame, do it because you love it and because you can’t see yourself doing anything else. Have a strong passion for what you’re doing because when you’re faced with hardships it’s the passion that will keep you going not just your abilities.

Muhammad Ali wasn’t all for the money and championship belts, he found something to fight for, something important to him. Maybe it was the fact that he had to fight even harder to prove himself because of his race or his religion, whatever it was it made him a winner. He made history. It’s always great to see the underdogs that make it and become even better than the frontrunner. It can never get old.

I also believe what you say and think about yourself is key. I’m not saying be proud, no. But it’s good to be confident in yourself and your abilities. Proclaim good things about yourself and don’t ever accept defeat. In the ring, Muhammad proclaimed, “I am the greatest! I am the King of the World.” Although it might have come off as cocky to some but hey now we know him as “The Greatest of All Time” right?

Work hard to accomplish all your dreams, anomalies. You can do it! Don’t let anything stand in your way. The journey to the top is not an easy journey but it’s worth it. Don’t be afraid of the workload, it’ll pay off in the end.

“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”

Don't count the days, make the days count.

“I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.”

And lastly my absolute favourite –
'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.'

I hope you enjoyed this – Tomisin x


You Might Also Like

0 comments