Feature: The Fifographer

10:00:00

Happy Holidays Anomalies! 
Hope it's going great. Today's post is another feature with a young amazing photographer and the creative director of XLT Media, The Fifographer. Hopefully you find this helpful and inspiring.

Tell us about yourself

I am Fifoluwa Adebakin, 20 year old photographer and student of Covenant University, first child of my parents.


You're a photographer right? Who or what inspired you to become a photographer?
Yes of course I am a photographer, well I have been in love with pictures for as long as I remember. I collect pictures of any kind. Been doing that for almost 10 years. And these pictures told stories to me, they expressed moments and that thrilled me, so then I thought to myself that creating my own moments would be appropriate.

How were you able to make a name for yourself?

There is this thing about humans and what they see, the more they see it the more it sticks, that was my approach. I was in all the right places at the right times, covering a lot of events , people got used to seeing my pictures and recognizing the brand .

Do you have the support of your family?
Moral support yes, financial support, not really, my parents love to see you earn your rewards from hard work, its one of the things they've helped me with as a young person, they give me a lot of moral support but make sure I go out then and earn my own money.

Is it difficult being a creative? What challenges have you personally faced?
I wouldn't say its difficult being a creative. There are ups and downs. I think my most challenging situations are when I have an idea in my head and implementing it seems like an overly difficult task, various factors might influence this, sometimes even our environment.

What motivates you to do what you do?

God is my motivation, passion is my motivation
The strength that comes when I need to work, only God really can give me that sort of energy and creativity also. I am deeply passionate about creating moments, freezing time for moments that can be remembered visually. The thought of being such a creator keeps me motivated

Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years? Will you still be into photography?
In the next 5-10 years, tbh I'll rather you guys sit down,relax and see all my plans unfold. Trust me you'll be excited. I will definitely be into photography still. Its a part of my life that can't be removed. But there would be a lot more businesses I would be involved in that would integrate photography.

Do you have any advice for aspiring creatives ?
Advice for aspiring? I am still aspiring too you know. But hard work, is too essential, planning too, learning new things every single day, discipline and God.

See more of Fifolu on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook - @thefifographer and his website thefifographer.com










Thank you for reading - F.A.T xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments